Why Chiropractic Care for Children is Important
The birth process can be traumatic for babies, which is why it is so important to get your children checked for nervous interference from birth! Chiropractic care may help with conditions such as but not limited to:
- Ear infections
- Digestive issues (IBS, leaky gut, constipation, etc.)
- Behavioral disorders (ADHD, etc.)
- Immune system
...just to name a few!
Dr. Emily Brown is proficient through the ICPA in a variety of pediatric techniques including cranial work. In addition she practices with Palmer Package which includes: Gonstead, Diversified, Thompson, and Toggle Recoil. Dr. Emily Brown uses all of her training to compile a care plan that best serves your child.
Kids like to be kids!
That being said, sometimes you have to get on the floor and play cars with them or build with blocks or whatever it is they want to do to build trust with them. Dr. Emily Brown believes it is important to include the child in the examination process and begin teaching them about health from an early age!
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Adjusting an infant or a child is much different than adjusting an adult. Approaches to infant and toddler adjusting involve much gentler touch. Kids usually heal faster and respond to care quicker.
How to know if your child may be in need of an adjustment:
- Head tilt which may appear as preference to only feeding on one side, always turning their head to one side in a car seat, or when in the standing position a head tilt is noted
- Crawling appears to be different
- For any other questions call and make an appointment to see if your child is in need of chiropractic care.